|Argentum: GBC's Literary Magazine...|
WELCOME TO ARGENTUM!
Great Basin College's art and literary magazine devoted to
highlighting the excellent artistic expression of its students, faculty and staff.
Community members are also encouraged to submit work,
but must be at least 18 years old.
How do I submit?
Complete the official Argentum Submission Form including the Declaration of Originality and Copyright Agreement.
All Great Basin College students, faculty, staff, and members of all communities served by GBC are eligible to submit written and visual work. Multiple submissions are accepted and selection will be based on quality and originality.Please submit your completed forms and attached work (or photo of your work), via email to: email@example.com.
What can I submit?
- Design (graphic or architectural)
- Photography (both unenhanced and digitally altered)
- Prose (fiction or non-fiction)
- Any medium that can be represented in print
What format can I use?
Visual Images: Please do not submit PDF files. JPEG or TIF files are preferred.
- Dimensions no smaller than 8" x 10" at 600 dpi.
- Files labeled as: LastNameTitle.jpg
- Large pieces-ceramics, sculptures, etc. should be photographed with a digital camera with a plain gray or white background and a white light source (daylight).
- Please provide specific medium information (acrylic on canvas, etc.).
Written Work: should be submitted as editable digital file(s) with the following specifications:
- RTF files no larger than 750 words.
- Files labeled as: LastNameTitle.rtf
- Only three submissions total per person will be considered.
When can I submit?
Submissions will be accepted through March 16, 2015 5:00 p.m.
If you have questions regarding how to submit or document your work and need assistance in doing so, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need assistance photographing your artwork for submission, please contact GBC Media Services at 753-2103 to make an appointment. Media Services is open 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. They are located in Room 103C in Lundberg Hall.