The College Board’s College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) has been the most widely trusted credit-by-examination program for over 40 years, accepted by 2,900 colleges and universities and administered in more than 1,700 test centers. This rigorous program allows students of a wide range of ages and backgrounds to demonstrate their mastery of college-level material in introductory subjects and earn college credit. Students can earn credit for what they already know by getting qualifying scores on any of the 33 examinations.
Upon receipt of an official score report from the College Board, the Great Basin College Office of Admissions and Records grants credits and a grade of “P” for CLEP exam scores of 50 or above. The general examination(s) should be completed before the student completes 30 credits. Subject examinations may be taken at any time.
Before arriving to the GBC Academic Success and Testing Center on the day of the exam, make sure you have done all of the following things to prepare yourself:
- Call the GBC Testing Center to make a 2-hour CLEP exam appointment (775) 753-2149.
- Pay the $17.50 testing fee at the GBC Controller’s office.
- Locate the GBC Testing Center and familiarize yourself with the Testing Center Rules and Regulations.
- Be prepared to present your receipt from the Controller’s Office, and 2 forms of ID.
- Be prepared to pay CLEP the $77 fee for the test by credit/debit card, check, or money order at the time of testing.
More information about CLEP can be found at the GBC Academic Success Center (EIT 114) or at http://clep.collegeboard.org/.