The GBC Elko Campus and GBC Centers in rural Nevada have open computing labs for students. In Elko, the open lab is located in the High Tech Center (see #6 on the campus map) during the following regular-semester hours:
Elko High Tech Center (HTC) Computer Lab Hours
8 am -9 pm on weekdays
12 pm - 5 pm on Saturday
The Elko Campus also has open computer labs in the Academic Success Center.
Hours are limited during the summer months, and labs may be closed on holidays.
Scroll down for instructions on how to log into GBC campus computers. Logging in
gives you the ability to access the library, your network user drive, and lab printers.
Students using GBC computing facilities must be familiar with and abide by Lab Rules.
Logging In to GBC Campus Computers
Every student has an individual login for access to GBC computers.
Your user name for GBC lab and classroom computers is your 10-digit MyGBC User ID (the same one you use for the MyGBC Self-Service Center).
If you do not know your MyGBC User ID, click here.
- The first three letters of your last name, with the first capitalized, followed by
- The first three letters of your first name, with the first capitalized, followed by
- The last four digits of your 10-digit student ID
For example, if your name is Megan Reed, and your student ID is 4000123988, then your intial password is ReeMeg3998
Important: Change your password within the first six uses or you will need to appear in person at the Helpdesk to have your password reset.
GBC Network Password Rules
Passwords for logging into GBC campus computers must be:
- A minimum of 8 characters long, with
- at least one upper case letter and
- at least one lower case letter and
- at least one numeral
Student passwords will expire after 120 days and will need to be reset through the ARMS link above. You will receive a warning at login when your password is about to expire. Passwords cannot be repeated until after 8 passwords.
How to Change Your Password
- Go to http://arms.elko.gbcnv.edu
- The first time you visit, you will have to set two challenge questions/answers. Doing so will allow you to change your password