"The fact of two forces, centripetal and centrifugal is universal. And each force by its own activity develops the other. Nature will not have us fret and fume. Our painful labors are unnecessary and fruitless. Only in our easy,simple,spontaneous actions are we strong. There is no need of struggle,convulsions,and despairs. Or the wringing of hands and the gnashing of teeth. We miscreate our own evils. " — Ralph Waldo Emerson
| After more than 35 years in the field of communication electronics to include microwave radio systems, long haul troposcatter,digital carrier networks and wideband fiber optics, I find myself in academia teaching a practical math class. I accumulated 87 credits in electrical engineering (UNR) and earned a degree in electronics technology from TMCC in 1990. My youngest daughter is a medical doctor, my oldest is a registered nurse,and my two sons are musicians.
- AAS, Truckee Meadows Community College, 1990
- Nature and other writings, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The Self-Aware Universe, Amit Goswami
- Letters from the Earth, Mark Twain
- The Blind Watchmaker, Richard Dawkins
- Of Stars and Men, Harlow Shapley
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, Rebecca Skloot
- Tristram Shandy, Laurence Sterne
- Astronomy, astrophotography, hiking the Ruby Mountains, machine shop (miniature steam engine fabrication).
- Past President Astronomical Society of Nevada(1996) Past President Elko Amateur Radio Club 2005