Before a fire happens know the following:
- Know the location of the exit nearest your area (evacuation maps posted).
- Know the location of the fire alarm pull box nearest your area.
- Know the location of fire
extinguishers in your area.
- Know how to use a fire extinguisher.
Upon discovery of a fire:
- Pull fire alarm and give verbal warning.
- Call 911.
- Follow evacuation procedures.
- Close doors to contain fire
- If it is safe to do so, and you have been properly trained, you may attempt to
extinguish the fire.
Persons whose clothes are on fire should drop to the floor and roll.
fire with a blanket, rug, or heavy coat.
Once emergency is under control:
- Determine if it is safe to re-enter the building.
- On the Elko Campus notify your respective Vice President. On all other campuses notify the Director and the Vice President of Academic Affairs (Elko Campus 775.753.2266).