Your WebCampus Username and Initial Password
Your WebCampus Username is your 10-digit student ID for logging into the MyGBC Self Service Center. However, the Password for WebCampus is not connected to your MyGBC password.
Your Password is the last 2 digits of the year you were born, the 2 digit month, then 2 digit day -- “YYMMDD” format, as shown in the following examples.
|If your birthdate is:
||Your password is:
|January 7, 1984
|December 11, 1989
|June 31, 1953
If the above steps don't work for you, inquire about your WebCampus user name and password by contacting the Helpdesk.
Changing Your WebCampus Password
On the WebCampus login screen, click the I don't know my password link.
You will be asked to provide your MyGBC User ID.
A link to change your password will be emailed to you.
Password Security is very Important!
Passwords are used to protect your user accounts so it is important to create strong passwords and to keep those passwords secure. If you share your password, you’re sharing your identity. Here are some helpful tips on keeping your passwords secure:
- Do not tell others your passwords – including co-workers or supervisors.
- Protect any recorded passwords - do not leave them anywhere you would not leave the information they protect. Do not write it down at all, if possible.
- Do not check “remember my password” on any website.
- Never provide your password over email or based on an email request – the Help Desk will NEVER request your password via email. Many of these requests can appear to come from a legitimate source but are fraudulent.
- Change your password regularly – just like fall and spring cleaning, about every 6 months.
- Change your password if you have reason to believe it has been compromised.
- Do not type passwords on computers that you do not control – such as internet cafes, computer labs, airport lounges, or others that have open WiFi access.
- Do not let others use your account – this includes you logging in for them.
- Be sure no one is watching when you enter your ID and password.
- Be sure to log out of all programs prior to closing the web browser and be sure to close the web browser before logging off the computer. Do not walk away from a computer until you are certain that you have logged off.