GBC Institutional Research and Effectiveness
The mission of the office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness (IRE) at Great Basin College is to foster a culture of evidence by facilitating the management, analysis, reporting and use of data and information in support of planning, assessment and decision-making. Reporting directly to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, IRE serves as the college's central point of contact for institutional data requests.
Our main activities include:
1) supporting institutional efforts in strategic planning and assessing institutional effectiveness,
2) supporting instructional and student services units in reporting, assessing and improving the effectiveness of their programs,
3) serving as an official data provider to the state of Nevada, the federal government, and other external entities,
4) administering student satisfaction and alumni surveys and supporting the analysis of student ratings of class instruction,
5) conducting special analyses on issues of importance to the college community.