Methods of Payment
- To pay for fees, login to the MyGBC Self-Service Center using your 10-digit MyGBC ID.
- Pay by mail: pay by check or money order made payable to the Board of Regents. Include your social security number or student ID to insure proper credit. Your canceled check is your receipt. Mail payment to: GBC, Controller’s Office, 1500 College Parkway, Elko, NV 89801.
- Pay in person: at the Elko GBC Controller’s Office, Berg Hall, 1500 College Parkway, Elko, Nevada or your local GBC Center.
The Elko campus has a drop box for after-hours payments.
- A $25.00 collection fee is assessed for any returned check. Checks must be made good within 10 days after notification by GBC.
- Payment plan: The plan can be arranged at the MyGBC Self-Service Center. Payment agreements require a three-credit minimum. See the GBC Calendar for payment due dates.
Agency or employer payment: If your fees are to be paid by a federal or state agency or employer, you must make account payment arrangements before registering. Failure to obtain proper authorization may result in late fees being assessed on outstanding balances. For more information call the Controller’s Office, 775.753.2110.
Veterans' deferred payment plan: Contracts for a veteran’s deferment of fees are available for those students who are receiving educational benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Contact Student Financial Services to make arrangements for the veterans' plan. See the GBC Calendar for payment due dates.
Income Tax Benefit
The HOPE "Scholarship" is a tax credit for applicable tuition charges, not a scholarship. Eligible independent students or parents of a dependent college student may receive this tax credit. For information, contact your tax adviser.
Penalties for Late Payments
- Fee holds: If a student owes money from a previous semester, payment must be made in full before enrollment is permitted.
- Late fee: A $25.00 late fee will be assessed if fees are not paid by the due date published in the GBC Calendar. For registration occurring after the due date, the $25.00 late fee will be assessed if fees are not paid at the time of registration.
- Payment plan late fees: Any balance on a payment becomes a student accounts receivable on the due date and is treated as an official fee hold for future registration, transcript privileges, and final grade reports. Disenrollment/eviction procedures may be instituted, if necessary. A penalty of 10% with a minimum of $10.00 shall be charged on the payment not paid by the due date.
- Reinstatement fee: Students who are dropped from classes due to non-payment of fees or failure to make an official financial agreement with the college, will be required to pay a reinstatement fee. Students can request reinstatement through the Admissions and Records Office or their local GBC center. They will then be re-enrolled, with the instructor’s permission. A fee of $75.00 will be charged for each semester classes are reinstated for that student.