GBC Institutional Research and Effectiveness!
Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
The purpose of the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness (OIRE) is to support the effort to achieve our institutional mission in the areas of strategic planning, outcomes assessment, data collection, analysis, interpretation, and dissemination of results. How to achieve this mission is stated in the objectives below:
- The OIRE will promote the achievement of the College’s mission by providing satisfactory service to the college community and external constituents on an ongoing basis
- Develop an effective OIRE that is adequately equipped to fulfill the needs of the College, i.e., meet ‘Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities’ (NWCCU) expectations as it relates to national accreditation; as well as professional and/or specialized program accreditation, and student development
- Coordinate and support GBC efforts to improve and strengthen academic programs through SLOs assessment and program review
- Provide timely and accurate data to meet internal and external demands/needs on a continuous basis
- Perform institutional and policy studies which center on college experience and the educational terrain as a whole