Google offers a tremedous variety of powerful tools to make us more efficient and effective. Tutorials on a few of the webmaster's favorites are listed below. All require that you set up a free account on Google, and then you have access to all the Google resources listed here. All of these tools are free.
Once you create a BLOG or a Calendar, you can link to it from your Faculty page, Degree Program page, or Department page (coming soon). You can also ask the webmaster to post a link to your calendar or BLOG anywhere else on the website that seems fitting, your committee's page, for example.
- Gives you an enormous amount of storage (over 7 gigabytes)
- Keep all your email and attachments for years
- Search for email instantly by any number of criteria, using the power of Google.
- Because of the power of search, you never have to file or organize your mail.
- Import your Groupwise mail and mail from any other accounts you wish. Keep it all available in one place.
- Keep conversations grouped together, automatically.
IMPORTANT NOTEGroupwise is the official GBC email client. This video presents a possibility for the future and is for informational purposes only.
- Create calendars for your self, your committee, and/or your department
- Share your calendars with others, providing explicit permissions to change, to view, or to simply see your busy times.
- Optionally make a calendar available for public viewing on the web, showing either all events or just free/busy times.
- Set up your whole department with calendars so that the support staff person can see everyone's busy times from a single calendar.
- Optionally, have your cell phone beep you before events, or just receive email reminders.
- Express yourself as an individual or
- Collaborate as a group
Note: To create a discussion forum, private or public, or a mailing list for your group, check out Google Groups.