GBC Home
Great Basin College Foundation
GBC Foundation FAQ graphic

Here are answers to some common questions about how we handle gifts to the Great Basin College Foundation.

Who handles my gift?
A gift made to a department or other GBC program is sent to the GBC Foundation per IRS codes for immediate deposit. The Foundation sends you a receipt/gift acknowledgement as soon as your gift has been received. Save these receipts for your tax records.

What if I receive goods or services in connection with my gift?
The IRS requires that we inform you, via your gift receipt/acknowledgement, of the value of any goods or services you may have received along with the resulting value of your contribution.

What do you do with my gift?
Your gift may be placed in an established fund, which is administered by a GBC fund administrator (a staff or faculty member). Gifts of appropriate size may be placed in a newly created fund that will accomplish your wishes.

Can I give something besides cash?
The foundation is equipped to handle many types of noncash gifts.* These include:

  • Real property:
    The foundation accepts gifts of real estate.
  • Personal property:
    The foundation accepts gifts of personal property, such as books, artwork, computers, boats, etc.
  • Memorial or honorary contributions:
    You may wish to make a gift in honor of a special individual. We will notify him or her or the family of your generosity.
  • Wills and trusts:
    We have charitable gift experts on staff who can help you and your advisers plan a bequest, establish a charitable trust or fund an annuity that benefits you, your heirs and Great Basin College.
    *These gifts are subject to acceptance by GBC Foundation Stewardship Committee and /or the Executive Director of the Foundation.

Also, Corporate matching gifts are available.
Many employers will match gifts from their employees to the Great Basin College. You can double or even triple your gift using a corporate match

What if I'm a member of the GBC faculty or staff?
GBC faculty and staff may make charitable contributions to any fund at the Foundation through payroll deduction. Please contact your department's personnel director for assistance.

We are happy to answer any of your questions about giving.  Please contact us at (775) 753-2265

Great Basin College - 1500 College Parkway - Elko, Nevada 89801 - 775.738.8493
A member institution of the Nevada System of Higher Education
Accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
All rights reserved. Use of any content only by express permission of Great Basin College © 2015.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

This page is XHTML 1.0 compliant

This page is coded to conform to XHTML 1.0