GBC Home

GBC Student Housing

Housing FAQ graphic

Welcome to the Student Housing FAQ!

We realize you may have lots of questions. We are here to help. Our Frequently Asked Questions page answers many of the questions you may have when considering GBC for your student housing needs. Please review the answers and if they still do not address your question, please feel to contact Stacie Combs,
Student Housing Coordinator. She is located in Griswold Hall on the Elko campus. Contact her by phone at 775.753.2360 or by e-mail:!


When will I receive confirmation of housing?

You will receive an email confirmation usually within a week of application being received.

When will I receive housing accommodations assignment?

In July, you will receive confirmation of the type of accommodation you will reside in, but the actual dorm or apartment number will not be given until you check in.

How are roommates assigned?

Preferences for specific roommates are honored whenever possible; each student must request the other on the student housing agreement form. Assignments are made on a first come, first served basis. No room assignments are made on the basis of race, religion, color or creed.

Is there a cleaning deposit?

Yes. Your deposit must be submitted when you turn in your student housing agreement. Griswold Hall has a $250 deposit. Resident Suites have a $350 deposit, and Married/Family Apartments have a $500 deposit. Your deposit will be refunded according to the license agreement check-out rules that you signed.

Can I remain in student housing between semesters? Is there a charge for this?

Yes! You may remain in single housing facilities between fall and spring semesters for an additional $100. Additionally, students may arrange to stay in any of the available facilities during summer sessions. Tenants must sign a letter of intent to register for the subsequent fall semester if staying thru the summer.

When is student housing available?

Singles facilities are available for occupancy one week before the start of classes each semester. Students will be notified of their move-in date one month before the semester begins. Students who need special arrangements may contact the Housing Coordinator.
Family Housing is available for occupancy as the units become vacant.

Are the Resident Suites and Griswold Hall rooms co-ed?

No. We do not have co-ed facilities here at GBC. You must be married to reside in Family Housing.


Students taking advantage of on-campus housing don't just survive…
They succeed!

* All PDF documents require the Adobe Reader plugin for viewing, available free from the Adobe web site.

Great Basin College - 1500 College Parkway - Elko, Nevada 89801 - 775.738.8493
A member institution of the Nevada System of Higher Education
Accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
All rights reserved. Use of any content only by express permission of Great Basin College © 2015.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

This page is XHTML 1.0 compliant

This page is coded to conform to XHTML 1.0