During an Earthquake:
- DO NOT EVACUATE. Stay in the building until the earthquake
- Take shelter under tables, desks, heavy furniture, in doorways or against walls.
- Keep away from windows, overhead fixtures, filing cabinets and bookcases.
disabled persons in the area and find a safe place for them.
After an Earthquake:
- Leave the building when the earthquake is over. DO NOT RUN.
Go calmly outside being aware that the building may be unstable and full of debris.
evacuation procedures where possible.
- Move to an open place as soon as possible and assemble
at least 200 feet from
buildings. Stay in the open.
- Account for students and employees.
- Check for injuries. Give or seek first aid.
- Check for safety hazards: fire, electrical
lines, gas leaks, water supplies, etc.
- Emergency personnel, physical plant personnel, or administrators
will direct the appropriate emergency actions.
- DO NOT RETURN TO THE BUILDING until it has been declared safe
by the authorities.